There's a reason we're here and you're part of it!
Our purpose, as honored children of God
rooted in the love of Christ, is to:
Rejoice in the Lord, Reach out to the seeker, Raise up disciples,
Refresh and restore one another, Respond to needs.
The passages below are key biblical supports for this purpose statement.
The Great Commandment: “Jesus said, ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart...soul...and mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and Prophets hang on these two commandments.’” Matt. 22:36-40
The Great Commission: “Jesus said, ‘Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matt. 28:19-20
• To “Love God with all your heart” is “WORSHIP”
• To “Go...make disciples” is “EVANGELISM”
• To “Baptize...” is to “BRING INTO FELLOWSHIP”
• To “Teach them...all things” is “DISCIPLESHIP”
• To “Love your neighbor as yourself” is “MINISTRY”
Twin Oaks Exists:
1. Rejoice in the Lord (Worship)
2. Reach out to the seeker (Evangelism)
3. Refresh and restore one another (Fellowship)
4. Raise up disciples (Discipleship)
5. Respond to needs (Ministry)